The Monetary Authority of Singapore has updated its capital markets services (CMS) licence, according to an official statement.
This Compliance Toolkit serves as a guide to capital market services licensees (other than fund managers and REIT managers), exempt financial institutions (e.g. banks and finance companies) and other exempt entities (e.g. exempt corporate finance advisers) on the various approval and reporting requirements and timelines under the SFA and its subsidiary instruments.
This Compliance Toolkit aims to provide guidance on:
• Applications for approvals from MAS;
• Notifications to be submitted to MAS; and
• Other regulatory submissions to MAS (e.g. financial returns), which are applicable to:
- CMS Licensees (other than those conducting the regulated activities of fund management and REIT management);
- (ii) Banks, merchant banks, finance companies and insurers conducting regulated activities under the SFA8 (termed as “Exempt CMS entities” for the purpose of this document)
To learn more about the updated tool kit, you can download the official document here.